How do you feel about a national animal abuser registry? how about a state animal abuser registry? Please stay civil with your replies. thank you.
Ethylene Glycol Poisoning
1. Consider ALL antifreeze harmful for safetys sake.
2. Ethylene glycol is the poison in the antifreeze. It is colorless, odorless and sweet. It is the
sweetness that attracts the animal to it.
3. Even leaks from vehicle onto ground is enough to do damage or kill.
4. Antifreeze is not only used in your engine. It is also found in window washing fluid, hydraulic
brake fluids, as well as some paints and stains.
5. Intake of ethylene glycol affects the pet’s brain, kidneys, liver and death.
6. An amount as small as 1-2 tablespoons can kill a 10 lb. Dog. 2-3 for a 20 lb. Dog.
WHAT TO DO:
1. Clean up ALL spills IMMEDIATELY.
2. Do not allow pets to roam to avoid getting it from a neighbor.
3. If you even think your pet ingested antifreeze take them to the vet or ER immediately.
4. Treatment must begin within 5 hours.
5. Keep all products that contain ethylene glycol high off the ground, tightly capped and properly
dispose of empty containers.
6. Antifreeze with PROPYLENE GLYCOL is considered safe by the U.S. Food and Drug
7. Ethylene glycol poisoning is preventable. Take the time to look around and pet proof your area.